- Mar 2013 -
It is great to post sermons & material from Cgi Ministers from different countries of the world … and … being CgiCanada … it is important to post sermons that perhaps features some Canadian content, from Canadian members & ministers. Links are available on the front page to some Canadian churches, which make video services available … On CgiCanada, we try to harvest these messages periodically, and convert them to MP3 (audio) format for you to listen, and collect and be admonished!
On our Resources page we feature lots of pictures of Canadian speakers, such as John Coish, Horane Smith, Murray Palmatier, Eric Jantzen, Adrian Davis, Doug Coish, Rick Dubler and others. The sermons cover a variety of subjects… Check them out.
- Dec 2012 -
Year end catchup!
Work will be done to get Services & Armor of God broadcasts caught up to the end of the year. If you have enjoyed the new (and Classic) content, send us a note to let us know!
- Sept 2012 -
Booklets in eBook formats (Click here)
This month, work was done to make many of the CGI booklets available in ePub & mobi format (designed for Kindle & other eReaders). PC users can download free eBook software (to use the eBook formats) or use the webpage (HTML) format or the PDF format (that is often best for sending a copy to your printer). Four formats offer lots of choice, and if you view the range of subjects, you’ll find answers are available to many of the most puzzling questions.
As always, you can request free (paper) copies of our booklets … for those of us who still like the feel of paper when we read!
- Aug – Sept 2012-
Tapes from Bill Watson & others Processed
One box of Bill Watson cassette tape sermons was processed & uploaded to the website. Additionally, several other speakers (who speak once or twice per year on the National Tape Program) were also uploaded to the website. Please check out the treasures from Wayne Hendrix, Ron Elkins, Ian Boyne, John Coish, George Ramocan, Tony Buchert, Ferrell Vincent, Mike James, & others!
- June – July 2012 -
Bronson James & Charles Groce Sermons Completed
Two boxes of Bronson James cassette sermons = over 100 More sermons now, on the site. Additionally, since Bronson is a professional singer, we have posted some of his songleading & special music. One box of Charles Groce cassette sermons has allowed us to post around 80 new messages from Charles.
Working “next” on migrating Bill Watson cassettes to MP3 format … and a few more speakers will also be coming soon!
- Apr – May 2012 -
Content, Content, Content
Recently, Sermons & Armor of God programs from 2007 & 2008 have been added. The titles show a variety of subjects covered … Check them out here:
Sermons 2007 - Sermons 2008 - Armor of God 2007 - Armor of God 2008
- Mar 2012 -
A Word about Classic “Cassette Tape Sermons” …
Since the founding of the Church of God International in 1978, Cassette Tape sermons have been a popular way to spread the Gospel. Many people have a collection of cassette tapes representing many favorite sermons over the years.
Interestngly, we now understand that audio Cassette tapes do not last “forever” and even do not last “a lifetime”. Over the last decades more than 10 billion blank audio tapes were sold worldwide. One source defines the problem this way:
The magnitude of the problem of magnetic tape deterioration is just starting to be realized. Virtually all of the magnetic tape ever recorded older than as little as 10 years may be in serious jeopardy. The threat comes from several sources, but the largest threat is chemical in nature, coming from the breakdown of the binder, or glue, that holds the magnetic particles to the polyester base of tape. As this hydrolysis process (sometimes known as “Sticky Shed Syndrome” ) occurs, the tape often gets coated with a tenacious adhesive that makes it extremely difficult to play. In some cases the problem can be so severe that the magnetic material literally falls off or sheds from the base leaving a pile of dust and clear backing. The problem of hydrolysis has been known for some time, but the extent of both the problem and catastrophic effect it has on magnetic media is just now reaching widespread public visibility.
One of our goals at CgiCanada.org, is to protect and pass along the legacy of doctrinal teachings and Great sermons, by converting many of the old Cassette tape messages of the Extended Church Program, to the current digital storage format of MP3. MP3 files can then be stored on Internet servers … and on CDs or DVD’s. It is amazing to see how “boxes and boxes” of Cassette tapes can be stored on just 1 or 2 DVDs!
Please help us with “quality control” by reporting any MP3 Sermons that have audio problems … Ocassionally, the tape plays at the wrong speed, and the Speaker may sound like a chipmunk, or VERY SLOWWWW ! If you send us a note, we can attend to the issue — Thanks!
Interestingly, DVDs “are” considered a media that can last “a lifetime”, so it is simply a prudent practice to migrate important content from the “old technology” to the new technology. In addition to magnetic tapes beginining to fail over the years, it is important to note that “cassette players” are becoming old obsolete technology that is seldom being manufactured anymore, so this provides another incentive to “move treasured audio files” (or VHS tape) to the new digital standards, before the tapes & the tape players fail, or start to become rare or expensive to maintain.
For more information about life expectancy of magnetic media (like cassette tapes and VHS video tapes):
Council On Library & Information Resources – Magnetic Tape Storage & Handling
Magnetic Tape Deterioration
- Feb 2012 -
The “website focus” for this month is to continue to “load up” the content. For many years the Headquarter’s Ministers have sent out sermons in the National Tape Program & TV Broadcasts of the Armor of God. My first Goal is to make all of this material available as MP3 audio files, and later as video files for online viewing or Download. Have you ever wondered what Vance Stinson has to say about the Antichrist?, or Bill Watson about Marriage? These topics (and many more) will be available here, as material gets posted.
Additionally, we will make available a list of the messages each year, (covered by the Armour of God program, or the Weekly Sermon from Tyler, Texas), and this will provide a resource for you to see the topics covered and “brush up” on messages that you may have heard before, or that you may be hearing for the first time. God’s Word has lots to say on lots of Subjects, so this online resource material from the Church of God International should be a great archive that you can use to “fill in the gaps” of your understanding of the Bible, Christian living principles, prophesy, history, world events, and more!
Please feel free to use the “search” box on the top left column of most of this site’s webpages … or further down the column is a list of “tag subjects” that can also help you find materials on specific topics.
Be on the lookout for the new material, and feel free to leave a comment on messages that you found helpful.
- Jan 2012 -
The CgiCanada.org Website was redesigned & launched in Jan 2012 to accomplish several goals:
- Update the “frumpy look” of the old website … via the latest website creation tools
- Make it easy for visitors to find Church Service locations & times in Canada
- Promote the excellent resources available from local CGI church websites in Canada … including live webcast services, & streaming video of past sermons. Prominent buttons on our home page make it easy to find these other great sites
- Provide a great archive of Church of God International “educational resources” including booklets, articles, MP3 audio sermons, AVI downloadable video sermons (that can be burned onto DVDs & played on DVD players that support “DIVX”)
- With tools such as Youtube, CgiCanada can “renew” some of our “downloadable video” and allow you to now Stream the video onto your computer (without having to download it all before viewing)
- Provide new opportunities for visitors to post comments on the materials provided on our website, AND, to utilize tools such as Facebook & Twitter to allow visitors to promote materials that they find interesting, useful, or helpful
- With capabilities such as RSS feeds, CgiCanada can be updated automatically with links to new content (sermons or articles) available from other CGI sites
- By utilizing categories & tags for our content – and providing search options – we hope to provide a “central place” where you can search and find CGI materials (sermons & booklets & articles) to answer the questions you are wondering about, or to supplement a study you are undertaking. (Please note the categories & tags that are listed on the sidebar of this page … and feel free to explore them! They are powerful tools to point you to some great materials)
- Unlimited possibilities …We are now being hosted on a website that allows us “unlimited” storage, and “unlimited” bandwidth for visitors to share our materials … Hopefully we can test the limits of “unlimited” by hosting more of the great “timeless” sermons from the past years.
- Our visitors can help us out by making comments on the “key points” of the Sermon or booklet & perhaps comment on messages that were “great” or “not so good” … and this will help other visitors know — by reading your comments — whether a specific message is a “good fit” for what they are seeking
- Visitors can help out with suggestions for the website — we welcome your comments!
We hope you find the new website a useful tool in your study of God’s word and in your personal walk with Jesus Christ. As we strive to grow and improve every day, we hope to see that both our lives (and this website) will remain permanently “under construction”